Family lifestyle photography session on a Devon farm



A family lifestyle photography session is not about posing for the camera and forcing a smile. It's about capturing your family in a very relaxed way, doing what your family does, being exactly the way that your family is.  I don't want your children to sit nicely and say cheese for the camera, I want to see them playing together, laughing naturally, thinking, getting cross, running around, doing the things that they normally do.  I want to spend time with you all and create a set of images for you that really captures your family as you know it.  I want you to be able to look back in many years time and remember just how your family was at this point.

Just over a week ago, I had the chance to do this with the lovely Simmons family, spending a morning with them at one of their favourite places, a farm owned by their friends just outside Exeter. We explored in the rain, played on the swing, splashed in the river and clambered up and down the hills around the farm.  We stopped for a hot coffee in the gorgeous farmhouse, then played some more inside the barn.  It was brilliant fun and it gave me the chance to capture the family in all their wonderful, chaotic normality.  Two devoted parents, three young boys, boundless energy, fresh air, muddy boots, laughter, runny noses, soggy gloves, play fighting, climbing, chasing and hiding, and lots and lots of love.  A beautiful record of this one wonderful family, at this particular point in their lives.




You might also like to have a look at:

Newborn baby and family photography in Devon: Marina and her sisters

Newborn twins in Devon: Bertie and Polly 

Family lifestyle photography in Exeter, Devon


Thanks for visiting my blog - I hope you enjoyed the images!  You can also visit me on Facebook by clicking here, and 'like' my page to show your support and share my work with other people. Thank you!